Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you so much to Teresa and Terry Hughes from Crush’N Life Together for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Their website is chock full of ideas for decorating, DIY projects and all sorts of helpful hints. Check them out at www.crushinlifetogether.com.
I am so excited to accept the award and this gives me such a boost of encouragement in my blogging endeavors. At times it gets a bit difficult when you feel like maybe you aren’t reaching others or making an impact, but knowing that other bloggers, friends, and family are out there cheering you on makes it all worthwhile.
How I Got Here
My website and blogging began only a few months ago on a bit of a whim. I was browsing Pinterest and came across a Pin that was about how to get started with blogging. I had a bit of a misconception in my mind as to what blogging was. I did a little research and realized that blogging was basically just sharing my passions and inspiration. Since I love to talk and share about my own creative process and the things I’ve learned through my extraordinary everyday life, I decided to jump in feet first. It took me a couple of months to get my website up and running but it is still in the beginning phase. I have much more that I want to do with it, but it is a work in progress.
I am a single widow and mom to two amazing college-age kids (yes, I gave away my age!) My husband passed away suddenly three years ago, and it’s been a long journey to where I am now. I work full-time as a Sales Administrator and I work on my blog in my spare time, which lately, hasn’t been as much as I would like. I would love for you to read more about who I am and my story here.
Though I am by no means an expert on blogging, I do have a couple of pieces of advice for anyone out there who is thinking about doing it or those who are already are.
- Be passionate. Don’t be afraid to share what makes you you. Let your audience see who you are and what makes you unique. We all have an amazing story to share so don’t be afraid to let others see your human side.
- Have an open mind. Be willing to take risks and try new things. You never know what amazing surprise might be waiting for you if you just step out of your comfort zone and try something new. I promise, you will be glad you did.
There are so many amazing blogs out there, but I have to choose only 15 to nominate. It’s hard to pick only a limited number, but I finally came up with a list of the ones that I personally feel deserve recognition.
- Tisha Miltiades – behindtheschmile.com
- Sara Wood – woodpileadventures.com
- Kate Landry – ahundredaffections.com
- K Ann Guinn – simplyflourishinghome.com
- Darren – ukfunfamilydaysout.com
- Cindy Barnes – gogathergrow.com
- Micah – lifebingewithmrsb.com
- Rhonda Gordon – fromacubicle.com
- Debra Merchant Curto – myweaknesshisstrength.com
- Leah Lewis – shewriteslight.com
- Tosin Mojisola Bada – mybeautifulugly.com
- Lillian Stevens – embracingthelovely.com
- Christine Rogador – thetravelingpinoys.com
- Stephanie Eiler – citrusandsun.com
- Christine Powers – thelifeyouhaveimagined.com
Below are the requirements for accepting this nomination:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to accept your award
- Give a brief summary of how your blog began
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 of your own nominees for the award
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them then provide a link to the post you have created
Again, a huge thank you to Teresa and Terry Hughes for nominating my blog. It encourages me so much to know that fellow bloggers like my content and gives me the motivation to continue. Thank you to my family, friends, and audience for supporting and following me. It is greatly appreciated.
Have a blessed day and may God bless you and yours!